ISO 27001 Compliance
ISO 27001 consists of standards to help keep information assets secure and safe. This aids in organizing, managing, and maintaining the security of an organization’s assets; such as financial information, employee details, and intellectual property. ISO 27001 consists of a series of international standards compiled for information security, and focuses on requirements against which an organization’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) can be audited.
ISMS is a framework consisting of policies and procedures which includes an organization’s legal, technical, and physical controls in evaluating information risk management processes. ISO 27001 is not mandatory; however, this certification helps to ensure best industry practices. Any organization, such as banks, hospitals, educational institutions, government, defense, and retail can undergo ISO 27001 audits. ISO 27001 helps organizations to keep pace with security breaches, vulnerability threats, and business impacts, thereby allowing organizations to implement standard procedures.
- Information Technology
- Other services
- Transport, Storage and communication
- Electrical and Optical equipment
- Health and Social wprl
- Other Sectors
ISO/IEC 27001 Certification 2017 Sector Breakdown
ISO 27001 explicitly deals with the management of security processes involved in an organization. This caters to information security controls and needs to be evaluated in a timely manner. Not having ISO 27001 not only increases information security risks, but also places an organization’s credibility at stake.
- ☛ ISO 27001 helps the organization to prove best security practices and procedures being followed
- ☛ It is important, from a compliance perspective, and additionally makes a strategic difference in the eyes of your customer
- ☛ Helps in placing your business in order and having regular security checks over the system
- ☛ Lowers your expenses by preventing a possible disruption of services and data leakage
TechForing helps you in evaluating and successfully completing ISO 27001 audits. Our experts closely work with your teams to setup seamless processes and provide the required, well-documented evidence. We train the concerned stakeholders to prepare for audits and help organizations complete audit evaluation reports.
We break down every critical step into several sections and subsections, and take a methodical approach, as mentioned below:
- ISMS Scope: Once ISMS policies have been planned, we define the scope for each of these ISMS policies. These could include business continuity plan, system access controls, physical security, environmental security, compliance, system acquisition, system maintenance, information security incident management, organization security, asset classification, security policies, communication management, security training for employees, and operations management. We provide help in segregating and defining the scope for each of these ISMS policies in terms of processes to be implemented.
- ISMS Policy: Based on an organization’s domain and the size of the organization, it is crucial to first setup the required and relevant ISMS policy definitions. These will evolve around best security practices and are critical for data security. There are several factors impacting ISMS policies; we will help you define the ISMS policies and identify which are best suited for your business objective, while maintaining support.
- Security Risk Evaluation: On completion of the ISMS policies scope, we help you evaluate security risk by using a defined method for security risk assessment. This is based on complete organizational structuring and implemented methodologies within the organization.
- Remediation for Risks: Our team of qualified experts in ISO 27001 will work in collaboration with your team to provide remediation for the identified security risks.
- SOA – Statement of Applicability: For ISO 27001, SOA plays a crucial role and we guide you to prepare SOA. This includes an organization’s statement of policies, detailed procedures, responsibility guides, identified roles, risk management plans, and authentication mechanisms.
- Documentation and Risk Treatment: We help you provide documents for each of the controls and give a business justification for each of the risk mitigation plans. A formal process is established, and managed, as per ISO 27001 compliance standards. We summarize a risk treatment plan to define how controls based on SOA are to be implemented.
- Quantify the Controls: We help you measure the effectiveness of each control and measure the completion of control objectives.
- Implement Controls: There is a list of mandatory and non-mandatory documents which are required as part of the ISO audits. This is a core part of the audit. Our team helps you implement these controls effectively.
- Training: Once the controls are implemented, an organization also needs to train its employees about the importance of new policies and procedures.
- Work on ISMS Controls: This is an operational part of the audit, and for each detail, a record or substantial evidence is required. We guide the whole organization on how to implement the new policies and procedures in the day-to-day working environment.
- Monitor and Reiterate: For every ISO control, the organization needs to monitor and measure the ISMS controls, verify, and provide procedure correction based on the findings. We help you manage all of this.
We also provide the required training to stakeholders responsible for managing the ISO 27001 audit within the organization.
ISO 27001 varies based on organizational scope and strength of employees. This audit requires several security-related checks to be performed from an organizational business perspective. We provide insights on the complete process and guide you through this journey.
Our ISO 27001 consultation and support takes into consideration all of the mandatory factors and we provide this service at a low-cost to our clients. Below, is the estimated cost of ISO 27001:
- Consultation and defining ISMS policy – $50 – $2,000
- ISMS policy scope definition – $100 – $10,000
- Risk Evaluation – $300 – $20,000
- Penetration testing – $300 – $20,000
- Remediation – $300 – $30,000
- SOA and documentation – $400 – $35,000
- Training – $200 – $12,000
- On-site visit – $200 – $30,000
Our services aim to provide complete support before, and during, the ISO 27001 audit, along with successful completion and training.
It is important that the ISO 27001 is performed by a recognized accreditation body which is a member of IAF – International Accreditation Forum. This requires identifying a valid accreditation body, as well as, defining the scope of ISO 27001. For ISMS policy evaluation and risk identification, an organization requires skillsets to work continuously on ISMS related audits.
We are trained to deal with ISO 27001 audits. We have professionals constantly working with security evaluations, and who are trained to manage and handle ISO 27001 audits. TechForing follows a detailed and systematic approach when handling audits, and we understand the severity of ISO 27001 audits.
We aim to continuously work with your team throughout the audit period, to ensure successful completion, and acquisition of ISO 27001 compliance. Our team also helps with the renewal of ISO 27001 compliance. We cater to every detail, as per ISO 27001 standards, and make your ISO 27001 audit our top priority to ensure successful completion.
TechForing consulted us the right way to get the FedRAMP certification.
They helped us to complete a time-sensitive project, which was highly appreciated.